• The supervision of students before and after school and during holiday periods is recognised by School Council, and provided for by our Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) program.
• To ensure all students and staff are properly cared for in a safe, positive and caring manner within DEECD regulations.
• A significant percentage of our students come from families where both parents work or are in family situations that require out of school hour’s care.
• Supervision of these children is recognised by School Council, and provided for by our ‘Out of School Hours Care’ program.
• To provide a high quality, community based, primary school aged childcare service for students and their families.
• To provide a program that complies with all regulations, is flexible and meets each child’s individual need for care in a creative, stimulating and secure environment.
• To comply with the “MY TIME, OUR PLACE” frameworks as set out by DEECD.
• To accept any late booking in the case of an emergency provided we comply with the DEECD staff/child ratio requirements.
• To ensure the staff/child ratio is kept within DEECD guidelines and Regulations at all times.
• Notification of cancellation of before school care is required by midnight on the day prior to the care commencing.
• Notification of a cancellation of any Pupil Free Day is required 7 calendar days prior to that Pupil Free Day.
• Cancellations of Holiday Program need to be received as soon as possible. Families will be issued with a credit into the program only if a replacement is found. Otherwise full payment is required.
• Cancellation for same day care, received before 9.30am will not incur a cancellation fee.
• Cancellation for same day care, received after 9.30am will incur a cancellation fee of $5.00 per child (unless the child has gone home sick).
• Any cancellations for same day care, made before 8.30am on the day must be made via the OSHC mobile.
• Any cancellations for same day care, made after 8.30am on the day must be made via the school office.
• Parents will be able to claim CCB for all Allowable Absences.
• Notification of a booking for before school care is required by 7.00am the day prior to the care commencing.
• Notification of a booking for after school care is required by 9.30am on the day of the care.
• Bookings not received by the required time will attract a late booking fee of $5.00 per child.
• Any bookings for same day care, made before 8.30am must be made via the OSHC mobile.
• Any bookings for same day care, made after 8.30am must be made via the school office.
This policy will be reviewed as part of the school’s three-year review cycle.
This policy was last ratified by School Council on: 12/12/13.