Fundraising contributes to the school’s ability to provide a diverse range of quality programs and improvements to infrastructure.
• To raise sufficient funds to achieve the educational goals and facilities improvements required of the school.
• In accordance with Regulation 8.19 of the Education Regulations 1988, School Council may raise funds for school purposes by conducting local efforts or amusements.
• All fundraising events must have appropriate internal control mechanisms, and have a goal so that contributors understand the purpose of it.
• School Council will have a Fundraising sub-committee with a major responsibility of conducting fund raising activities, and a Finance sub-committee which will have responsibilities including providing advice and recommendations to School Council in relation to voluntary contributions, sponsorships and donations.
• All fundraising proposals must have prior approval of the School Council.
• Fundraising to support external organisations will be approved by School Council as appropriate.
• School Council will seek voluntary contributions from parents in accordance with departmental requirements and expectations.
• School Council has the potential to hire school facilities to outside bodies when the facilities are not required for school purposes and also have the responsibility to establish the terms and conditions of use. Such agreements may have insurance implications.
• Any fundraising directly related to the leasing of promotional space on fences, buildings or land is subject to approval from the Manager, Property Unit prior to entering into any agreements.
• Appropriate sponsorships will be sought from industry and commerce so long as they benefit the school, have educational value, and do not involve associations with undesirable products, services or companies such as alcohol or tobacco products.
• Any fundraising involving raffles or bingo must be undertaken with the permission and under the instructions of the Raffles & Bingo Permits Board.
• All fundraising activities will be identified as such, and will only involve voluntary participation.
• All transactions related to fundraising activities will be reported to School Council.
• All funds raised are used at the discretion of School Council.
This policy will be reviewed as part of the school’s three-year review cycle.
This policy was last ratified by School Council on: 09/09/13.