We will be introducing a new emotional well-being program to our school in June this year called “The Resilience Project’.
‘The Resilience Project’ runs programs in schools around Australia. The aim of these programs is to develop students’ resilience and improve their mental health. Hugh van Cuylenburg is the founding director.
There are 2 programs available for schools to choose from: Partnership Program and Immersion Program.
We will be beginning with the ‘Immersion program’ this year which involves:
- A professional development session for staff which introduces The Resilience Project strategies
- Student presentations, for every year level
- A Parent night which will provide strategies for parents to support the development of a resilient child at home
- Monthly newsletters for our school
- The opportunity for our school to be involved in the ‘Save the Children’ fight famine campaign which involves the students hosting a fund raiser to raise funds for needy children
Below is the link to the program:
This is a video made by The Resilience Project, highlighting the experience of teachers, students and parents in a local Melbourne primary school who have implemented the program.
Watch more videos on The Resilience Project Youtube Channel