Hire of Facilities
To allow the community maximum access to school facilities whilst ensuring the protection of the facilities themselves.
School Council has the authority to allow the use of school facilities by outside bodies when the facilities are not required for school purposes and also have the responsibility to establish the terms and conditions of use.
The School Council will delegate authority to either the Principal, Assistant Principal and the School Council president on decisions for all applications received.
The office staff will be responsible for all bookings, forms and monies.
School Council may hire facilities such as the hall to external groups under the following conditions: -
- Anyone using this facility is required to have Public Liability Insurance. This can be arranged when booking.
- That a written hiring agreement be signed by the Principal or nominated representative and the hirer before use.
- It shall be the discretion of the School Council to refuse to hire the facility in any case; and notwithstanding that the facility may have been let or that these conditions may have been accepted and signed, and the fee and deposit paid, the School Council shall have full power if it sees fit to cancel such hire and direct the return of the rent and deposit so paid, and the hirer hereby agrees to accept the same and to be held to have consented to such cancellation and to have no claim at law or in equity for any loss or damage in consequence thereof.
- That the written agreement cover such items as:-
- The period of the agreement, specific times of use and areas to be used.
- Contact names and telephone numbers of both parties.
- Access and security arrangements including arrangements with keys and locking up
- Damage to property and arrangements to repair any damage.
- Cleaning arrangements.
- Car parking.
- Notification arrangements to the hirer if the school requires the facility during the normal hire period.
- School Councilís right to revoke the agreement at any time.
- A schedule of fees.
- Public Liability Insurance policy number.School Council will respond to any concerns made by the hirer of unsafe or dangerous equipment, buildings or facilities.
School Council reserves the right not to hire facilities to groups it does not wish associated with the school.
This policy will be reviewed as part of the schoolís three-year review cycle.