It is important to acknowledge the achievement of graduating from primary school and to this effect hold an official celebration for year 6 students in the form of a Graduation Evening.
To organize a Graduation Evening for Year 6 students.
- That the budget is set by school council and takes into consideration the number of attendees. (E.g. $20 per student)
- Graduation Committee is established in Term 3 and is made up of interested Year 6 parents.
- The format of the evening is that children and parents arrive at 5:45 for a 6:00pm start. Children are presented to the School Principal and the School Council President by their teachers. Speeches. Song to be sung by students. Photographs. Parents to go home except for the Graduation Committee who is on duty throughout the evening. Dinner. Disco.
- Venue is the School Hall for presentation and disco, and the staff room for dinner.
- Dinner is formal with crockery, cutlery, glasses and tablecloths.
- Dress code is smart party dress.
- Certificate to be used will be the GWSPS official Graduation Certificate with matching invitations and program.
- Memento to be used will be the official GWSPS Graduation Memento.
- Invitees will be the School Principal and Assistant Principal, School Council President, Grade 6 Teachers and Integration Aides, Commencement Prep Teachers, Specialist Teachers (e.g. PE, Music, Japanese, Art and Library), Canteen Manager, RE Teacher, Office Staff, and OSHC Coordinator and Assistant.
- Graduation Committee will be responsible for implementing this policy.
- Menu, decorations, entertainment and ordering of certificates, invitations, programs and mementoes will be the responsibility of the Graduation Committee and must fall within the set budget.
- Student souvenirs such as Graduation Bears or T-shirts can be organized as optional items at students’ expense. Yearbooks are optional and need to be negotiated by the Graduation Committee with the School Principal and Grade 6 Teachers.
This policy will be reviewed in line with the school’s review cycle.